The house becomes a home only when it is decorated with tender love and care and is occupied by a family which cares for each other and for the house too. The care of the house includes the decoration of the house, its maintenance and repair from time to time, etc.
A very important aspect of maintenance of the house is maintaining its flooring. There are various types of floorings available in the market to suit the needs and preferences of different types of people. A few people go in for wooden flooring which needs high maintenance and care due its susceptibility to moisture and white ants. Other few who do not want any kind of headache regarding the flooring, want the floors tiled. Tiled floor is a very low maintenance floor and once done does not call for any kind of further care and repair until there has been any breakage of tile which just needs simple replacement. Sometimes people go in for tiled flooring but give it a richer look by spreading carpets on the floor of their house. Carpets on the floor look elegant and make the tiled floor non slippery. The soft feel under the feet is yet another advantage of carpeting the floor. Also, carpets are a cheaper option as compared to the floor made of wood. Carpets are not only cheaper than the floors made of wood but also require lower cost of maintenance too. The only thing that is required in maintaining a carpeted floor is cleaning of the carpet.
There are various methods of cleaning the carpet. Some are more tedious while others require lesser efforts in cleaning your carpets. The methods are:
1) Manual cleaning: manual cleaning means that you do not use any machines in cleaning the carpets though the use of detergent and other cleaning chemicals does take place. This method is extremely tedious and requires a lot of dedication and time. Also, there are various drawbacks to this method of carpet cleaning such as:
- a) Need of great amount of labor is its first and foremost drawback. Today people have no time to spare at all. So, taking time out from their busy schedule for a time taking job like carpet cleaning is almost impossible.
- b) Carpets are heavy and need a very strong person to pick them up and hold them when they are wet. This makes it impossible (almost) for the fairer sex to carry out this chore. All in all, carpets cannot be cleaned by the people who do not have the strength to lift them up.
- c) There are also chances of allergic reactions to some who are prone to it. When the carpets are cleaned, there are great chances that the accumulated dust disseminates from the carpet and may enter your lungs causing mild to severe allergic reactions.
2) Cleaning by the professionals: there are people who offer to clean your carpets. They may be trained or untrained and can do the job effectively. They work on payment and relieve you from a great burden.
3) Use of carpet cleaners: then there are machines available in the market by the names of the carpet cleaners. The best carpet cleaners can be selected based on the following qualities:
- a) The best carpet cleaners are easy to be used by anyone in the house.
- b) The best carpet cleaners come with both the carpet cleaning and floor cleaning devices
- c) The best carpet cleaners can clean both the stains and spillage over the carpet.
The use of carpet cleaners makes the life easy and also cuts the cost of maintenance for which you skipped that expensive teakwood flooring. Carpet cleaners are available in the market which work in different modalities like the hot water extraction method, steam and all that is done physically while cleaning the carpet all by yourself. There is also a provision of switching over from the carpet mode to the bare floor mode. This prevents any damage to either the floor or the carpet. The modes are also different for the type of material used in making the carpet such as synthetic fiber or woolen threads.